Quiche is an easy dish served any time of the day. Add a fruit salad for breakfast, or a green salad for lunch or dinner. You can add bacon, ham, sausage, onions, mushrooms, really anything can be used. I love to add my leftovers to the quiche to give them new life!
For a gluten free alternative quiche crust, slice golden yukon potatoes and layer the bottom of the baking dish.
- Quiche/pie crust
- Crumbled bacon, ham, or sausage; or make it vegetarian!
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 4-6 eggs (depends on what fillings I have, if I don’t have a lot of fillings, add more eggs)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup of cheese (your choice on the kind)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Grab your pie crust
- Mix the eggs together in a mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients and mix together
- Put all of the egg mixture in the pie crust
- Cook until the eggs are cooked.
- For a gluten free crust: thinly slice golden potatoes and layer the bottom of baking dish. Spray with butter spray like pam and then spray the top of the potatoes after you place them in the dish. Bake until lightly golden; don’t let them crisp. Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool before pouring in the egg batter.