This Chili is our family recipe taken from a cook off in Oklahoma City. It’s Southern born and the easiest thing to make. It reminds me of the Fall with it’s warm, delicious aroma, and make sure to throw it in the crockpot so it’s minimum effort! You can still have a backyard party, this is perfect for large or small crowds and not too expensive!
- 1 1/2 pounds lean, ground turkey meat
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 2 cans of red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2-3 cups of chicken broth or water
- 1 can of cheap beer (my mom swears that’s the key ingredient)
- Cheese (for garnish)
- Green Onion (for garnish)
Place everything in a crockpot and wait 4 hours!