I first tried a crepe cake last year, and since then, I’ve been completely obsessed. Why not combine my favorite breakfast food with my favorite dessert? To make a crepe cake, you can fill in each layer with whatever filler you’d like, you can try jam, you can do frosting, you can do melted chocolate. You choose!
For the crepes, see above.
For Vanilla Buttercream Frosting in between crepes:
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- ½ cup of butter
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- ½ cup of chocolate chips
- Make the crepes, see recipe above. You’ll need to triple the recipe.
- Once you’ve made a giant stack of crepes, wait for them to cool, you want them at room temperature.
- Make the buttercream frosting. Add all of the ingredients to a mixing bowl and use an electric mixer
- Stack the crepes one by one, adding a thin layer of buttercream frosting in between each crepe
- When you’re finished stacking, cut the crepe cake so all the sides are the same (I know each of my crepes turns out a little differently)
- Melt chocolate in the microwave and pour on top of the cake
- Add sprinkles!