Madeleines are some of my favorite cookies from their simple shell form to their light and springy bounce, and how perfect they are with a cup (or pot) of tea. These are perfect for cold winter days sitting by a fire, soaking in a bubble bath, or just putting them out for an after school treat for your kids!
- 1 ½ cup of flour (I use gluten free)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 ½ sticks of melted butter
- Powdered sugar to sprinkle on top of the cookies
- 1 large zipblock bag
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt until it is all combined.
- In another bowl whisk together the eggs, sugars, honey, and butter.
- Then slowly stir in the dry ingredients into the egg mixture until it is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a zipblock bag and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Pipe batter into each Madeleine mold or cupcake mold filling it so it is about 2/3 full.
- Cook for 8 minutes or until the sides of the Madeleines are slightly brown.
- Add the powdered sugar to the top of them for a pretty snowy look!