Do you ever come back from vacation more stressed and tired than when you left?
I know this is how I usually feel after a vacation.
My family always plans a couple of days after our vacations to just relax and take it easy after all the madness of our time away.
But a goal of vacation is to relax and to refresh your body from the stress and anxiety of your day to day life.
Managing your stress and anxiety is important in your life for helping maintain your health as it can increase your risk for serious health concerns. It thus becomes important to decompress and take some time to give your mind and body a time to relax and reboot.
Here are a couple ideas so you can feel your best each day of your time off.
Start by Putting Together a Realistic Budget
One of the most stressful parts of a vacation is looking into the budget for the vacation. If you’re paying for something out of your comfort level, you’re going to keep stressing about it.
You want to make sure that you have both the budget and also account for a bit of a buffer just in case something goes wrong. You might have an unexpected cost, so put that into the budget.
You also don’t need to have the most luxurious vacation to have the best time. One of my favorite activities that is free is Picnicking! I just go to the local grocery store and make all my own meals, and picnic in a beautiful park. Therefore, I have the best location, and the food that I want.
Try not to Plan
When you start to schedule your vacation, you want to make sure there is breathing room.
I AM THE WORST AT THIS. Let me repeat, I am terrible at this. I get it, I usually plan minute to minute. I love to be out on the town and going to different museums.
But lately, the last couple of trips I’ve taken, I’ve just planned my AirBnB’s, my flights between cities, and that’s it! It was actually a much better vacation and I finally felt rested and able to get some relaxing in.
I went into the vacation without a plan, and then I was able to just follow spur of the moment plans and suggestions from strangers, that turned out to be some of the best parts of my trips!
I went to a karaoke night in a Bar in France in a cave, I ended up serving a netball team crepes, and I ended up at a vineyard trying wine in Bordeaux.
If You Do Plan, Schedule in Some Relaxing Time
If you add some activities to your vacation plan, why not make sure that you’re working in some events that will help you to rejuvenate your body and mind.
Here are some ideas of different activities you can do while on vacation:
- Plan some spa time. Why not stop by your hotel spa, or have your partner be the spa person himself, they can use lotion and give you a backrub.
- Read a fun book. Bring a fun book to just casually flip thru, I love to read celebrity biographies on vacation. They are ridiculous and exactly what I need.
- Scenic Drive. Just hang out in the car and enjoy the houses and nature around you.
- Take a Walk. Just take a casual walk. Nothing too strenuous, but just enjoy being able to be outside in nice weather.
- Meditate. We have all the meditations you need to feel grounded during those busy times. I like to meditate when I’m at the airport, I instantly feel more calm.
- Try Yoga. Take a yoga class at your hotel, or break at youtube and take a class! It helps you to get your blood moving and feeling better!
- Leave your Phone Behind. You don’t need your phone around you every minute of the day, take a walk and just leave your phone in your home. You have to really pay attention to the world.
- Stargaze. Go outside and lie in the grass. Look up and take in our breathtaking universe. You can never feel bad where you’re looking up at the sky.
- Make sure to bring your Jubilance for PMS. You know things get stressful when traveling, so make sure you’ve packed your OAA Supplement (oxaloacetate) to keep cool and collected when your luggage is lost, again. We’ve got you girl.
No matter what you do on vacation, we know it will be a good one!
And we want to hear all about it! Shoot us an email at [email protected] to let us know how you relaxed on vacation.