One of my favorite foods is the amazingly rich soup called Pho, a classic of Vietnamese cuisine.
I know that a recipe that always makes me feel better whether I’m sick, or just anxious from my PMS, is a big bowl of soup. And if you need more tips on PMS anxiety or are wondering why it continues to happen EACH and EVERY month, check out this article that explains it all.
And this soup has it all, from the rich beef broth to the ginger that helps to unclog your pores, and then all the yummy veggies, you’ve got to try this recipe.
I’m dreaming of my spring rolls and the steaming bowl of Pho I always order. But in lieu of the restaurant, I’m making my own Pho. Here’s my favorite recipe for this traditional Vietnamese breakfast food that we eat for lunch or dinner. This takes a whole day, make it another weekend project.
To destress, let’s grab that pot and make some soup!
For the soup stock:
- 4 pounds of beef bones
- 1 onion
- 5 slices of fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 pods of star anise
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 4 quarts of water
To Add into the Soup:
- 8 ounces of dried rice noodles
- ¼ cup Sriracha (optional)
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce (optional)
- 1 lime
- 1 bunch Thai basil
- 1 ½ cups bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 ½ pounds beef sirloin, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and place the beef bones on a baking sheet and cook for one hour until they are browned
- Place the onion on a separate baking sheet, cut in half, and roast until blackened and soft for about 45 minutes.
- Add the bones, ginger, salt, star anise, fish sauce, and the onion into a large stock pot and cover with 16 cups of water. Bring the water to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for six to ten hours.
- Once the soup is done simmering, strain the broth into a saucepan and set aside.
- Place the rice noodles into a bowl filled with water and soak for one hour.
- Bring a pot to boil and place the soaked noodles into the pot for 1 minute.
- Bring stock to a simmer
- Put the noodles into a bowl and then add the soup. Put steak, cilantro, green onion on top. Stir and let the beef become partially cooked.
- Add bean sprouts, basil, lime juice to the soup if you wish!
If you try these recipes send us a photo! We want to see! Tag us on Instagram @Jubilanceforpms1
We at Jubilance want you to feel your best every day of the month. A big bowl of soup will definitely help, but if you need a little bit more aid, why not try our clinically tried supplement, the only supplement on the market given a structure function claim by the FDA. If you want to learn more about how Jubilance can help with your PMS relief from stress and anxiety, visit our page here.