How do you take care of your mental health?
We’re into the season of spring and it’s time to get that cleaning going on with your life as well as your home organization.
When I think about cleaning, at first it just stresses me out, but then as my home is more organized and cleaner, I feel less anxious because of it.
So how do you Spring Clean your life so you feel less stressed and anxious during this gorgeous time of year?
Here are some suggestions that might help you find some inner peace.
- Start a Garden. Become a plant mom, you know you want to. When you invest time and energy into raising a garden, you are taking care for something else, and that makes you feel less stressed! Also it just gives you a complete boost to see something that you made take root, and if you’ve planted some flowers, all the colors will make you happy.
- Get some Vitamin D. Take advantage of the sunshine. Seasonal Affective Disorder or SAD is a real thing! When you don’t get enough sun in your life, it really affects how you feel, so make sure you are getting enough vitamin D each day. And really enjoy the spring weather, the sun is finally shining and it might be warmer with each passing week.
- Get out and go for a Walk. This kills two birds with one stone. Not only do you get to move your body but you’re getting that sunshine that you need. I like to take a walk during the middle of the day to just get my blood flowing. When I stop and get a little bit of exercise, I find I’m able to work longer and better with new ideas coming to me when I walk.
- Say No. You don’t have to go to every party, you don’t have to hang out with people every night, you can say no more. Make sure that you’re taking the time for yourself that you need. A great way to do this is to carve out time in your week, write “Me Time” in your calendar, I do it every Tuesday night, and that couple of hours is just for my self care. Often, I can only do it for 20 minutes, or not at all, but when I write it down, there is more of an intention to practice self care.
- Reflect on your Everyday. Take a moment to journal or at least to think about what you do each day. What is serving you and what is not? What fills you with joy and what stresses you out? Where can you cut back? How can you make life a little easier? One prompt I like to write in my journal is “What would make me happier right now?” The list I come up with for this comes with the simplest answers such as take my Jubilance (oaa supplement), make myself a pot of tea, paint my nails, put on real clothing (as opposed to my work pajamas). Take the time to think about what makes you happy.
- Plan a Picnic. Not only do you get to go outside in nature, but you just get to relax and take in the world. Grab that blanket and a sandwich and go sit somewhere you love. For me, I go sit by the reservoir in Central Park. From the northern most part, I can see the NY skyline. Where do you like to relax?
- Travel the World with Books. Why not take some stress off and also improve you mind by learning about different cultures by traveling around the world through books? Where have you always wanted to travel? You might not have the time or the funds to go there, but you can certainly still get there by reading.
- Meditate. Take time to yourself to just breathe. Take time to not think, to relax. We also have some meditations specifically for helping you to find less stress. I know I need to meditate before I go to sleep at night, what works for you?
- Cook something Spring-y. Try a new recipe that you’ve always wanted to create! Or open the New York Times cooking section or a magazine and decide to make that meal for dinner. You can do it, and just by doing something different, you’re breaking the routine.
- Try Jubilance for PMS. Jubilance for PMS (OAA Supplement) is a clinically proven solution to helping to relieve the stress and anxiety during your menstrual cycle. Are you ready to find a solution to the emotional side of PMS?