Are you all about the Netflix Holiday movies? I know I am! My whole family is obsessed, I mean even my dad enjoys them.
We’ve gathered up our favorite Holiday films that are available on streaming services, so you can enjoy the winter season with these fun old and new flicks!
- Love Hard. Available on Netflix, this is about a catfish gone right starring Nina Dobrev from The Vampire Diaries and Jimmy O. Yang from Crazy Rich Asians. It’s just delightful and there’s even some music going on.
- The Princess Switch 3. Available on Netflix, is the final installment of The Princess Switch trilogy. They’re goofy and all fun in a hallmark/lifetime movie kind of way, but sometimes that’s just what you need! Starring Vanessa Hudgens, there are all kinds of twins a la the Prince and the Pauper and even an evil twin!
- The Holiday. Available on Netflix, this movie and Love Actually are tied as my favorite holiday films of all time. The Holiday has an incredible cast featuring Kate Winslet, Cameron Diaz, Jude Law, and Jack Black and is about two women who find themselves and confidence when they go on vacation abroad.
- Jingle All the Way. Available on Amazon Prime, a comedy starring Arnold Schwartznegger who just wants to find an action figure for his son for christmas is a fun satire that moves through all kinds of madness.
- Elf. Available on Starz, who doesn’t want candy canes, candy corn, and syrup as their food groups? Elf stars the hilarious Will Ferrell and is a holiday classic you’ll want to watch every year.
- Die Hard. Available on Peacock, there is a huge debate whether this is actually a holiday movie. What do you think? An 80’s thriller classic, this is a fun film for any occasion and every relative will love you for putting it on.
- Love Actually. Available on Netflix, my favorite Christmas film of all time! I watch this together with my girlfriends every December, we use the Netflix party extension and it’s such fun to hang out with all of them! The all star cast film centers on the relationships of a bunch of different people that vaguely intersect and if you haven’t seen it, you’ll get all the feels just watching.
- Last Christmas. Available on Netflix, starring the girl who played Denaris on Game of Thrones and the hottie boyfriend in Crazy Rich Asians, this is a sweet film about a girl coming to terms with what she wants and who she is.
- Nativity. Available on Netflix, OMG if you haven’t seen this film you have to watch it, RIGHT NOW. Don’t even make it to the end of this list, start watching this film! It is hilarious, you’ll be dying of laughter, set at a catholic school in England, a washed up actor turned teacher has to put on the annual Nativity play and chaos ensues.
- Muppet Christmas Carol. Available on Disney+, this is the classic tale told by Jim Henson. It’s a great story of discovering oneself and finding empathy and the story told by the muppets is fun and perfect for the whole family.
- A Cinderella Story: Christmas Wish. Available on Netflix, another version of the classic cinderella tale, this one is christmas themed and is quite fun if you’re in the mood for a hallmark/lifetime take but from Netflix.
- Christmas in the Smokies. Available on Netflix, a woman battles to save her family’s berry farm set in the backdrop of the beautiful smoky mountains.