Mother’s Day is just around the corner, and while it may be tempting to go out and celebrate with a fancy brunch or spa day, why not save money and spend the day at home. The best thing you can do is give intention to your mother. You can still make it very special at home! Here are 15 ideas for how to have the best Mother’s Day at home.
- Breakfast in bed: Surprise mom with a tray of her favorite breakfast foods, served up with a cup of hot coffee or tea.
- Spa day at home: Set up a mini spa in the bathroom with some candles, bubble bath, and a face mask. Give mom some time to relax and unwind.
- Movie marathon: Pick out a few of mom’s favorite movies, pop some popcorn, and settle in for a cozy day of movie-watching.
- Make a photo album: Gather up some old family photos and put together a photo album or scrapbook to give to mom.
- DIY craft project: Get creative and make something special for mom, whether it’s a homemade card, a painted picture frame, or a knitted scarf.
- Cook a special meal: Whip up a fancy dinner or dessert for mom, complete with all her favorite dishes.
- Plant a garden: Spend the day outside planting flowers or vegetables in the garden, or create a small herb garden indoors.
- Family game night: Pull out the board games and spend the evening playing together as a family.
- Wine tasting: Grab a couple of bottles, you might want to ask someone at the store to recommend them to you, and spend the evening sipping on some delicious wines with mom.
- Have a dance party: Put on some music and dance around the living room with mom.
- Play Charades: Write down all the books, movies, tv shows, and characters your mother loves and have the whole family act them out.
- Cook something new together: Open up a new cookbook or find a recipe online of something delicious you want to try to make together.
- Have a picnic: Set up a picnic in the backyard or on the living room floor with all your favorite snacks and treats.
- Bake together: Spend the day baking cookies or cakes together, and enjoy the sweet treats afterwards.
- Write a letter: Take the time to write a heartfelt letter to mom, telling her how much she means to you and how much you appreciate everything she does.
No matter what you choose to do, the most important thing is to spend quality time with mom and show her how much you care. Happy Mother’s Day!
Let us know what you decide to do to celebrate! We want to know all of your ideas, shoot us an email at [email protected]