This healthy salad is the perfect side for a meal or you can add some protein, beans or chicken to make it a full meal! It’s delicious and the vitamins that you find in broccoli can help you fight those period cramps each month.
Broccoli should be top of your list to help you with your period, we know that it’s a nutrition staple for the American palette, but magnesium has been found to help period cramps because of how it helps regulate the prostaglandins in your body that can lead to cramping. Try this recipe today!
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 head cauliflower
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ bunch parsley
- ½ bunch basil
- ½ bunch spring onions
- Cut up the broccoli into florets
- Cut the Cauliflower into smaller pieces and throw it into a blender or food processor and make cauliflower rice
- Dice the onion
- Heat a large fry pan over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Add the onion to the fry pan and cook for 3 minutes until softened
- Add the garlic (minced) and cook till fragrant
- Add the broccoli and cauliflower rice and cook until browned after about 5 minutes
- Take off the stove and add the pans contents to a bowl.
- Add the rest of the olive oil and mix in.
- Cut up the spring onions into 1 inch pieces, finely chop the parsley and basil. Add all of this to the bowl.
- Salt and pepper to taste
If you try these recipes send us a photo! We want to see! Tag us on Instagram @Jubilanceforpms1