This rich and creamy peppermint hot chocolate is the treat you need for that cozy evening at home, or a winter snow day. It’s super easy to make and you can prep it ahead of time for entertaining. Plus, you can add or subtract whatever you find most delicious for the drink!
Peppermint is the add in of the season.
Peppermint is the add in of the season, similar to the pumpkin spice of the fall. It’s like putting on a warm sweater, it just tastes like winter when you drink some of this delicious mint.
The pairing of chocolate and peppermint is a classic winter pairing and peppermint can easily overpower your drinks and your baked goods, it’s important to strike the right balance for your hot cocoa.
This particular recipe is rather decadent, but that’s what makes it so good! I love to use semisweet chocolate chips but you can also use whatever chocolate you prefer, whether it’s white chocolate or dark chocolate! This is the drink you need to indulge with the cold weather.
There are differing methods to infuse hot chocolate with your peppermint flavoring. You can even trying crushing up candy canes and melting them! But to keep it easy I like to buy peppermint extract at the supermarket that I slowly add to the chocolately mix. I find that the better quality chocolate I use, the better, so buy that ghiradelli chocolate you love and use it for the recipe.
If you try these recipes send us a photo! We want to see! Tag us on Instagram @Jubilanceforpms1
Peppermint Hot Chocolate Recipe:
- 1 cup of milk (whole or 2% preferably)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar (you can also forgo this if you feel the chocolate has enough sugar already)
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of chocolate chips
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- Then you might want to add whipped cream or marshmallows on top!
- In a pot on the stove, whisk together milk, heavy cream, sugar, vanilla, peppermint, and salt.
- When the mixture is starting to boil, reduce the heat to low and add the chocolate and whisk until it’s all melted.
- Pour it into a mug and top with your choice of marshmallows or whipped cream
- It’s so easy! You got it!