May is here and that means summer is not far behind!
I love spring and summer. I have so many ideas and plans to celebrate spring and summer this year. I just hope I have the time to do it all.
Even though I’ve been vaccinated, I am very aware that COVID is not gone. While I still plan to make the most of the next few months, I will be careful. Health is not something we should risk. However, spring and summer activities are mostly outside and that’s where I feel safe.
Fortunately, living in Austin I have so many opportunities to enjoy outdoor activities. Austin has everything from swimming holes to beautiful wineries with patios overlooking lavender fields. I have decided to compose my 2021 spring summer activity goals and I can’t wait to share these experiences with my family and friends.
1. Pool Time: I love reading by the pool while my boys are swimming. When I’m hot, I easily jump in and join them in their crazy fun. They love going to the Dollar store at the beginning of the season and spending $5-10 each on pool toys. They pick out what they want and sometimes the items last all summer and sometimes they do not.
2. Swimming Holes: We have two swimming holes that we love. Both are from a natural spring and during the 100 degree weather they are so refreshing.
3. Road Trips: This year we have a big road trip planned. We are driving from Texas to California. I have movies for my boys to watch in the car and we have been selecting audio books to listen to. We are so excited to take this adventure together and can’t wait to see what we experience.
4. Movie Nights: I love movies and as much as miss seeing them in the theaters, I really enjoy my backyard theater. I have made it comfy for guests and my family. And let’s face it, making your popcorn the way you love it, just makes the movies even more enjoyable.
5. Hiking and Fresh Air: Even if it’s just a small park or Enchanted Rock, getting outdoors and walking with nature is so relaxing and fun. There are so many ways to connect with family and friends when you are out for a nice walk.
6. Wine Tasting: It’s time to get with my friends and check out the beautiful wineries of the Hill Country. They all have patios and some are even kid friendly with games like corn hole and bocce.
7. New Restaurants: I’m tired of the same take out food from the same places. I want to explore my city and find new and fun restaurants.
8. Bike Rides: Once again, fresh air and physical activity! A nice bike ride can be done in your neighborhood, parks, or around the city.
9. Summer Cookouts: This can be with just family or with friends, and in Texas we take our cookouts seriously.
10. Relax: Self care and a stress free mindset is what we all need this year.
Spring/Summer of 2021 is going to be a great one. Be sure to make it what you want, keep it manageable, improvise, and stay healthy.
Enjoy the sun and flowers and keep smiling.