We all recognize the sugar cookie as the cookie to enjoy for all the different holidays.
The sugar cookie is the best cookie to decorate and perfect to cut out into different shapes.
There are all kinds of different things that you can write on the heart for the “conversation” portion.
If you plan on giving the cookies to your S.O. you might write “Love You” or “Free Kiss.” If you’re giving the cookies to your girlfriends you might want something more along the lines of “Girl Power,” or “Boss Babe.” What’s exciting about conversation hearts is that you get to choose what you put on it!
- 3 ½ cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 splash of vanilla extract
- 3 room temperature sticks of butter
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- Food coloring
- Writing Frosting
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- In a different bowl, mix the butter and sugar until it is fluffy and mixed together.
- Add the eggs into the butter mixture and beat in.
- Then add the vanilla and beat it all together again
- Add the flour mixture and beat the mixture until it is all together
- Divide the sugar cookies dough in half and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill the dough for two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Rollout the dough and then cut the shoes out with a cookie cutter.
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes.
- Then decorate the cookie with the frosting with your conversation heart look!