Sugar cookies always get me into the Holiday spirit! I love finding the best new cookie cutters and having a decorating contest between my sisters and I. It’s a fun way to celebrate with your family and a great idea for presents!
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat until it’s all well combined
- Add egg and vanilla extract and beat in.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt
- Add the medium bowl contents slowly to the large bowl, beating them all together
- Lay out a large piece of plastic wrap and add half of the dough onto the wrap.
- cover the clear wrap and make it into a ball. Let this then chill in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Flour a surface and take the dough out of the fridge. Roll out the dough till it is ¼ of an inch thick and then use cookie cutters to make your desired shapes.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool and then get decorating!
If you try these recipes send us a photo! We want to see! Tag us on Instagram @Jubilanceforpms1