December Holiday Quiz
1. What popular Christmas beverage is also called Milk Punch?
B. Hot Cocoa
C. Mulled Wine
D. Hot Cider
2. What is the name of the horned mythical character from Alpine folklore that follows St. Nicholas and terrorizes naughty children?
B. Baba Yaga
C. Bruder Klaus
3. What is the main ingredient in a British Christmas pudding?
4. Where does the Christmas Log – a tradition where children feed and clothe a log during the holidays with the hope that it will bring presents- come from?
5. Families in Japan have a tradition of eating at which fast food restaurant for Christmas?
C. Burger King
6. Sweden celebrates the Yule season by erecting large straw versions of this animal and setting it on fire
7. When were gingerbread houses created?
A. 14th century
B. 15th century
C. 16th century
D. 17th century
8. How many families in America put up a Christmas tree?
A. 66 million
B. 76 million
C. 86 million
D. 96 million
9. Who popularized red and green as Christmas colors?
B. Jimmy Carter
C. Coca Cola
D. The Pope
10. What is the percentage of Americans who use an artificial Christmas tree?
11. When was the candy cane invented in Cologne, Germany?
12. What’s the highest grossing christmas film?
A. Home Alone
B. The Holiday
C. The Grinch
D. Love Actually
13. What’s the most popular Christmas song of all time?
A. White Christmas
B. Jingle Bells
C. Deck the Halls
D. Silent Night
14. When did people start putting up Christmas trees?
A. When Queen Victoria and Prince Albert adopted the tradition at Buckingham Palace in 1846
B. When Abraham Lincoln stood near a lit up tree to deliver a speech during the civil war in 1858
C. When Marie Antoinette ushered jewelers to make the first ornaments that decorated the landscaping at Versailles in 1771
D. When George Washington brought a tree with him to Washington when he became President
Answers: 1. A, 2. D, 3. B, 4. C, 5. D, 6. B, 7. C, 8. D, 9. D, 10. D, 11. A, 12. C, 13. D, 14. A.