Are you bbq-ing up a storm this summer? Using the grill is a great way to keep the heat down and out of the house, and I’m obsessed with these baked beans to add as a side for everything this summer.
To keep our feminist puns going, The Bechdel Test is used not to season beans, but to “marinate” upon whether a work of fiction portrays women in a way that is sexist or plays up gender stereotypes. To pass the Bechdel test the work must have at least two women in the story, they have to talk to each other, and they have to talk about something other than a man. Trust me, our beans will only have you talking about how delicious they are.
4 slices of thick cut bacon
1 large diced onion
3 cans of beans
½ cup bbq sauce
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Fry the bacon in a large pan and then remove the bacon, keeping the grease in the pan
- Add the jalapeño and onions to the pan and sauté for about 5 minutes until the onions are golden looking
- Add the beans and the rest of the ingredients to the pan and bring to a simmer for about 5 minutes
- Put the bacon on top of the beans in the pan and put in the oven for about 2 hours (make sure you have a heat proof pan!)