Cornbread is my favorite part about thanksgiving.
Part bread, part cake, I live for my moms cornbread recipe.
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Cornmeal
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of milk
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a round cake pan or cast iron skillet
- In a big bowl, mix together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Next, pour in the oil, milk, and egg, whisk together.
- Pour the batter into the skillet or cake pan and bake for 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown in color.
- Add honey on top or butter to serve
About the author
Alice Cash is the Marketing Manager for Jubilance by day and an award winning Theatre Director by night. Leading the podcast Weekly Woman, she loves her candid conversations with women from all over the world about how they live and the amazing things they are doing to make a difference. Alice is also the editor of the bi-monthly newsletter the Jubilee, a blog dedicated to the power of female wellness especially concerning menstruation. She’s worked in France creating theatre pieces and taught drama and filmmaking to women and children in Haiti. She graduated from Georgetown University and holds two master degrees from NYU and The New School. Alice has traveled to 40+ countries, including Tibet. She is a New Yorker and can often be found in Central Park, searching out the best bubble tea, or directing a play, you never know where she’ll show up. @alicesadventuresinwonderworld