Ready for the iconic halloween treat Caramel Apples?
Here is the recipe that you need to make for this Halloween and October.
What You Need:
- 10 apples
- 10 wooden chopsticks for apple handles
- 1 cup of butter
- 2 cups of brown syrup
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Parchment Paper
- Put the apples in the fridge, you want them to be cold.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Put the chopsticks into each apple
- Dip the apples into the boiling water for a couple of seconds to sterilize the apple and remove wax from the peel.
- Put the apples back in the fridge.
- Line a baking sheet or a plate with parchment paper to place the caramel apples on.
- In a pan, throw in the brown sugar, condensed milk and butter and bring to a boil. Stir constantly and then reduce heat to medium. Use a cooking thermometer and keep it at around 250 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Next, remove the caramel from the heat and then stir in the tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- Dip each apple into the hot caramel, coating the apple and sprinkle the apple with whatever you want on it.
- Allow the caramel apples to cool on the parchment paper.