This is a classic french cake that they eat for the holiday season.
It is a delicious rolled cake that you can put all kinds of things into it!
It is also fun to decorate the cake, it’s fun to put berries or cranberries on top of it and all kinds of whipped cream.
Ingredients for the cake:
- 1 and ⅓ cup of flour
- 5 tablespoons of cocoa flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 6 large eggs, separate the egg whites from the yolks
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Ingredients for the Cocoa Whipped Cream
- 1 and ½ cups of heavy cream
- ¼ cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and put down parchment paper on a baking pan. Spray the parchment paper too so your cake doesn’t stick at all.
- Mix the flour, 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl
- Beat the egg whites and ½ cup of sugar together on high speed until stiff peaks begin to form.
- Beat together the egg yolks, the rest of the sugar, oil and vanilla extract in another bowl. The eggs should look a bit more thickened.
- Slowly fold in the egg whites to the egg yolk mixture.
- Then slowly fold in the flour mixture to the eggs. Try not to over mix, you want the egg whites to still be fluffy.
- Spread the batter onto the parchment paper of the baking pan. Tap the pan on the counter to get rid of any air bubbles.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the cake springs back when poked with your finger.
- Then prepare to roll the cake, place a piece of parchment paper on the kitchen counter, dust the parchment paper with cocoa powder.
- When the cake comes out of the oven, run a knife around the edges and immediately turn it over onto the parchment paper. Peel off the parchment paper from the baked cake and then slowly roll the cake up with the parchment paper.
- Then allow the cake to cool completely still rolled up with the parchment paper.
- At this point, you can start to make the whipped cream! Mix the heavy cream, powdered sugar and cocoa powder on medium high until you get stiff peaks.
- Gently start to unful the cake. and take out the parchment paper. Add the heavy cream on top and slowly roll it back up!
- Enjoy the cake!