I love chocolate cookies so much. They are hands down my FAVORITE cookie and dessert ever.
And when you make them right, they are just magical. Also, these are super easy, you probably have all the ingredients in your pantry, you don’t even have to chill them. This is just my go to simple, straightforward, and so incredibly yummy doughy recipe for chocolate chip cookies!
I made these cookies the other day and my sister turned to me and said, “You should only make these cookies ever.” I completely agree, and I know you’ll agree too.
This recipe is what every chocolate chip cookie should be, both a little crispy, but still chewy, doughy and yet baked perfectly. And you want that hint of salt and sugar to go with it!
Making these cookies for a million years now, here are my notes on how to make the perfect cookies from scratch!
USE ALL OF THE CHOCOLATE CHIPS
Need I say more? You want to use as many as you can stuff into a cookie, I love to combine semi-sweet with dark chocolate chips, but you can also try white chocolate or milk chocolate. It’s really up to you!
Do NOT over-bake the cookies
When you first look at them after 15 minutes, you won’t think they’re done, but trust me they are! You want them still chewy, so be sure to pull them out and then let them cool! This is how you achieve the gooey chocolate chip cookies that you crave. The cookies will still look a little doughy when you take them out of the oven, and that’s what you want! They will then set a little more when they sit on the cookie sheet for a few minutes after you take them out.
Soften the butter.
Again, I always forget this step and it’s fine… but it really makes it easier when you combine the butter and sugar for the cookie!
Make a huge batch of cookie dough and freeze the excess!
Then you can have chocolate chip cookies EVERY DAY! It’s super easy to freeze them! Just roll the dough into balls and put in a freezer zip block bag and voila, you have cookies for another day. And you deserve to eat amazing cookies every day!
Gluten Free Options
I’m gluten free and I just substitute all-purpose flour with gluten free flour from Trader Joe’s and they turn out perfectly! I highly recommend this recipe for all your gluten free baking.
If you make these cookies, please comment below, we want to know how they worked out for you! Or tag us on Instagram @Jubilanceforpms1
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bag of chocolate chips or however many you can fit into the recipe!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cream the butter and the brown and granulated sugar with an electric mixer on low until they are light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and the eggs and mix them into the creamed butter mixture.
- Then, in a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients, the flour, baking soda, and salt, and then slowly pour them into the butter mixture and mix together.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and make 1 inch balls of dough.
- Flatten each ball a little bit
- Bake for 15 minutes, the cookies will look a little doughy still, but then let them cool on the pan for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely
- Enjoy! I love to eat them with hot cocoa!