This is the red velvet recipe you’ve always needed in your life!
I’ve adjusted to make my favorite red velvet recipe, just for all of you, it’s so creamy and spongy, I know you’ll fall in love.
I recently have started going through a favorite baking cookbook and have declared that I will go through every recipe in the book.
Do you have a cookbook that you love? Really, I want to know!
Even when I make another recipe, all I really want is red velvet cake. This deliciously creamy and chocolate-y cake is my go to when I’m in the mood to bake, and I just love the red tinge of the cake with the bright white of the cream cheese frosting, I can’t get over how scrumptious it is, and perhaps you can make it for those spring holidays!
When I eat a red velvet cupcake or piece of cake, I’m instantly transported to my time in college when I’d go with my friends to a cupcake café near the university. We would sit in the shop for hours and I’d always get the red velvet. This recipe has such happy memories associated with it, I hope you can make great memories too with this particular cake!
1 cup of butter
¾ cup of sugar
2 large eggs
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
2 1/3 cup of flour
1/3 cup of cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 pinch of salt
1 cup of buttermilk
2 tbsp. red food coloring
For the Frosting!
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
¼ cup of butter, softened
2 cups of powdered sugar
½ tsp. vanilla extract
Pinch of Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Line your baking pan with parchment paper, or make cupcakes!
- In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar until fluffy
- Next, add in your eggs and beat into the butter and sugar, then add the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the dry ingredients, the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda together so they are thoroughly mixed.
- Add ½ the dry ingredients into the butter mixture and beat until combined.
- Next add the buttermilk and red food coloring to the butter mixture.
- Then add the remaining dry ingredients and beat in.
- Put the batter in the baking pan and bake until done for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Put the cake on a cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
- While the cake is baking, make the frosting! In a large bowl, use your mixer to beat the butter and cream cheese together until it’s smooth, then slowly add in the powdered sugar.
- Next, add the vanilla and salt into the cream cheese batter until combined
If you try these recipes send us a photo! We want to see! Tag us on Instagram @Jubilanceforpms1