As we mentioned in our article about what you should eat during PMS, eat foods with a high water content, like Watermelon, Cucumbers, Tomatoes, and Onions. They help as natural diuretics and help to flush out your system, so you’re not as likely to retain water, or be as bloated during PMS. Here’s an easy recipe that’s as delicious as it is refreshing in that summer heat.
3 Large Cucumbers
1 Red Onion
1 Tablespoon of Salt
½ Cup of White Sugar
½ Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
¼ cup chopped cilantro
½ cup chopped peanuts
- Peel the cucumbers
- Dice the cucumbers
- Dice the tomato
- Dice the onion
- Toss the cucumbers with salt in a colander and leave in the sink to drain for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water, then drain and pat dry with paper towels
- Place the cucumbers, tomatoes, and onion, cilantro in a bowl and stir together
- To make the sauce, whisk the sugar and vinegar in a mixing bowl until the sugar has dissolved.
- Sprinkle chopped peanuts on top before serving